In no particular order:
- Carrying a bicycle flat kit is a non-negotiable. Jordan got a flat on Saturday when we were 4.5 miles into our 9-mile ride home from the bike shop.
- Keeping both derailleurs in corresponding gears (e.g., 1 with 1, 2, 3; 2 with 4, 5, 6; 3 with 7, 8, 9) reduces chain wear.
- Cycling sweat is supremely sexy. At least that’s what the boys around here seem to think. I got multiple cat calls/whistles/hollers on every single one of the 4 days I rode this week (the hottest/sweatiest week so far this year).
- My office has a Cycling Advocacy Network (CAN) chat room that is frequented by friendly, helpful, and generally competitive people.
- The spout cap of the Blender Bottle makes a distinctive *snap* when it’s closed. If you don’t hear this snap, you will get your shake all over your desk, your two work notebooks, and your dry-clean only skirt when you try to shake the bottle.
- When said Blender-Bottle mishap occurs, a kind office mate will let you use as many of his paper towels as you need and will even try to make you feel like less of an idiot by telling you about how he did the same thing with a bottle of orange juice that same morning.
- Grilled peaches with brown sugar taste like peach cobbler.
- A grill works best when it has the right number of briquets.
- Fleas are at their peak in July.